[omniORB] VIRUS ALERT: BackDoor-G2.cfg Trojan Horse detected in omniORB_280 _x86_win32.zip

Michael J. Donahue mdonahue@McLeodUSA.com
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:43:31 -0500

All -

After downloading a new update to my Anti-Virus sofware last night, I detected
the BackDoor-G2.cfg virus in the OMNIORB280_RTD.DLL from the
omniORB_280_x86_win32.zip file.

To make I then cleaned my system of the virus, and re-downloaded this zip file.
Before the file was completely downloaded, McAfee detected the same virus on the
same file within the omniORB_280_x86_win32.zip file.

I'm very surprised noone else has caught this one, but I'm fairly sure it has
been present in the omniORB_280_x86_win32.zip file since at least March 15th,
2000.

- Mike Donahue

McAfee VShield 4.0.3
Definitions:   4.0.4099