[omniORB] Echo *echoPtr vs. Echo_ptr echoPtr

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:07:36 -0400

Duncan Grisby wrote:

> On Tuesday 24 October, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>
> > speaking of which, I'v always wondered why there isn't a similar technique
> > available for accessing repoIDs. Wouldn't it make sense to provide an
> > I::_repoID member ?
>
> I would have thought so, but it's a C++ standard mapping issue.
> There's no use supporting it in omniORB (which already has a perfectly
> good non-portable member) if it's not part of the standard.

of course. I wasn't addressing omni's lack of that, but instead the missing
spec in the C++ mapping. Lots of template definitions, especially for resolving
objects, would be even easier, i.e. one less argument...

May be someone with some weight could issue that to the OMG...

Regards,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal