[omniORB] omniNames wont start

Adam Dorosz adam.dorosz@softax.com.pl
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:53:10 +0200

Adam Dorosz wrote:

> Michael Helms wrote:
>
> > hello, I am new with CORBA and omniORB and I have a problem with
> > setupomniNames as a service. I have NT 4.0 workstation; servicepack 4.

I have had simmiliar problem with omniORB 2.7.0 and servicepack 4 or 6 (
I don't remember) , left unresolved because of lack of time, but maybe
my supensions will help.

> > srvany don`t work (why?).But I found/used srvinstw.exe. But the

Program  won't start as a service as long as it doesn't start manually.
You can start service with output set to command window.
(Services->autostart), to see where the problem is
If program starts manually and doesn't work as a service, there are probably
wrong service parametres set. Especially check all the directry paths given
to the service.

> > service don't start. If I start omniNames manually, eg3_impl.exe
> > say:"Caught CORBA::SystemException:" Any idea? michael

Check if TCP/IP is properly configured, simply by pinging your localhost
using IP address.If it doesn't work and TCP/IP seems to be configured well,
try use servicepack 5 or higher  and let me know if it helps. I've heard
that there are some problems with one of this servicepacks(4 o 6) and
TCP/IP.

regards

Adam