[omniORB] omniEvents & omniNotify and event factories

Paul Nader Paul.Nader@aals27.alcatel.com.au
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:38:19 +1000

Hi Jon,

EventChannelAdmin.idl defines an interface called EventChannelFactory that is
a factory for creating channels. It is based on the generic factory defined in the
CosLifeCycle spec.

The example eventc.cc shoes how to create event channels by requesting
the EventChannelFactory.

All other examples (pullcons.cc, pushsupp.cc, etc) illustrate how pull/push
consumers/subscribers connect, disconnect , push, pull, etc to the event channel.

Also note that the Event Service Specification does not require an event channel
factory to be provided by an implementation (ie how channels are created is left
unspecified), although omniEvents does.

Regards, Paul.