[omniORB] omniEvents & omniNotify and event factories

jon@totient.demon.co.uk jon@totient.demon.co.uk
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:40:47 +0100 (BST)

Hi

I've been looking at the omniEvent and omniNotify.

One thing that confuses me is that the Notification service appears to
come with a factory for creating Event Channels, whereas the event
service does not.

Using Notification, this means process A could send event to a channel X which are picked
up by process B. The channel could be created by an independent process
Z using the EventChannelFactory::create_channel operation

However under omniEvents / Event Service , there does not seem to be
a factory for creating channels? You have to connect to the channel
via a proxy.

What I would like to do is have an administrative process which can
just create Event Channels for use in the Event service.
Then the push/pull consumer/subscriber could connect and use that
channel? Or if you want to do that, do you have to use a notification service?

Jon