[omniORB] Using omniORB's 3.0.1 naming service with Visibroke r 3.3

Brenneis, Steve steve.brenneis@attws.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:27:01 -0400

For some strange reason, VisiBroker wants you to use their proprietary,
non-portable static _bind method on the NamingContext interface to obtain a
root NamingContext. Obviously, this won't work when trying to resolve an
omniNames server because Visi's SmartAgent doesn't know anything about the
omniORB server. You might be able to get Visi to go the
resolve_initial_references route by giving it the omniORB Naming Service
host and port via the ORB initialization parameters. I can't guarantee
whether it will work, I haven't tried it before. Once you get the root
NamingContext, everything should proceed as expected.

Hope this helps.

Steve Brenneis