[omniORB] IIOP proxy

Ilinykh, Andre AIlinykh@SECTORBASE.COM
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:33:11 -0700

Hi!
My question is about IIOP proxy. We have several persistence CORBA objects
behind a firewall. There are two disadvantages: we have to open firewall for
clients and we can't control access to these servers. If client gets
reference to object it will use this object forever. I'm going to implement
some kind of proxy working on IIOP level. This proxy will fake clients
forwarding request to real object (if client has permission). Any idea about
the simplest way? I had a look on omniMapper, no problem to receive low
level packet, but is it possible to forward IIOP packet to another object?

Thank you,
  Andrey