[omniORB] Timeouts and re-sending

Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:39:46 +0100

On Thursday 19 October, Matthew Berry wrote:

> It seems that if my second server takes a long time (e.g. when I am
> debugging it), a timeout in the client occurs and the request is resent to
> the front end server. This is calls the first server again, and I am getting
> unique constraint problems on the database associated with the first server.

omniORB does indeed have a call timeout, which causes COMM_FAILURE to
be thrown. In some circumstances, that can cause an automatic retry.
At some point in omniORB's history, the timeout was enabled by
default; these days it is disabled. The thing to look at is
omniORB::callTimeOutPeriod in omniORB.h.