[omniORB] Hard-coding NameService location ?

Michael J. Donahue mdonahue@McLeodUSA.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:34:26 -0500

Yes, you can create a FAKE command line set of arguements, and pass them to the
ORB_init() and BOA_init()

Kevin Bailey <keraba@yahoo.com> on 10/19/2000 02:30:00 PM

To:   omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
cc:    (bcc: Michael J. Donahue/MCLEOD)
Subject:  [omniORB] Hard-coding NameService location ?

Is there any way to specify the location of the NameService
within the code (as opposed to the command line or a config
file) ?  I've tried giving various strings to
orb->resolve_initial_references() along the lines of corbaloc:...
and corbaname:... but none I've tried work.  The reason I need
this is that my application will be sort of embedded and
without a command line or file system.  I suppose I could
muck with argv but I was hoping there was something a little
cleaner.