[omniORB] ORB and PHP

Robert Sander gurubert@gurubert.de
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:30:39 +0200

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 04:03:17AM +0300, yavor shahpasov wrote:
> Has anyone ever tried wanted to use omniOrb, or another CORBA
> implementation with PHP. As far as I can see right now there are only
> two ways to do it, using java, and calling java from php (big
> performance hit) or making CORBA calls available to php. Anyone with
> other ideas, or ways to implement the latter. any help is appreciated.

I tried to use CORBA from PHP about one and a half year ago.

To say it simple, it was quite a mess. I needed to code my own PHP
module and to wrap the CORBA calls in it. You also need a C ORB
like orbit for that, if You do not want to mix C++ within C, because
the PHP API is only C.

Greetings
--
Robert Sander                                 www.gurubert.de