[omniORB] performance penalty from the interface nature?

Haarek Ryeng Haarek.Ryeng@datarespons.no
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 09:23:25 +0200

I assume that the functions in an interface would have to be indexed in some way for the servant to execute the right method.

How is this done in OmniORB 3.0? Is there a performance penalty by using long function names (if string indexed)?

Does anyone have a pointer to info about the protocol overhead introduced by the ORB?
This is often an issue in embedded systems were people are skeptic to all introduced overhead, and it would be nice to have some hard facts for discussions ahead (I'm pro
ORB btw).

--
Haarek Ryeng
Senior Software Development Engineer