[omniORB] Mixing binary Omniorb distribution with omniorbpy

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:05:02 +0100

On Monday 16 October, Alwyn Schoeman wrote:

> I've given up on getting omniorb 3.0.2 to compile on the solaris.
> Will I be able to use the 2.5 binary distribution along with
> omniorbpy?  As far as I understand you need to put the omniorbpy
> somewhere in the source tree in order to compile and install...

If all you want to use is omniORBpy, you should download the binary
distribution of omniORBpy. That contains all you need, and will
hopefully work on Solaris versions past 2.5. You certainly won't be
able to build the omniORBpy source distribution if you can't build
omniORB itself.