[omniORB] omniServant::do_get_interface()

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:07:35 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Vitos Ervin wrote:

> I don't know how to overload the pure virtual function
> omniServant::do_get_interface(). If someone happens to know, please
> email me.

omniServant is an omniORB specific internal type.  You should not derive
new classes from omniServant, and so do not need to override
_do_get_interface().

The only servant classes you should be deriving your own classes from are
skeletons generated by the IDL compiler, and these are derived from
PortableServer::ServantBase, which provides an implementation of
_do_get_interface().

Are you trying to do something special, or are you just new to CORBA?  If
its the latter, then have a look at the examples, read the omniORB manual,
and read a good book on the subject.

Hope that helps,
David