[omniORB] distant object destruction

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:46:26 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, bruno PATIN wrote:

> I'm trying to destroy a CORBA  object that has been referenced by
> omniNames.

The existence of object references has no effect on the lifecycle of an
object implementation.

> On a Linux box, I obtain the message :
>
> omniORB : ERROR - A servant has been deleted that is still activated
> repo id :
>         id : root<33554432>

This would imply that you have tried to 'delete' a servant.  You can only
do this if:
  1. it is not activated in any object adapter
  2. _and_ it is not derived from RefCountServantBase

> On a SGI box, I obtain a bus error and I am stopped in
>
> Portable::RefCountServantBase::~RefCountServantBase(),

This implies that your servant _is_ derived from RefCountServantBase.
Therefore you must not ever try to delete it.  It will be deleted once you
have deactivated it and the reference count has gone to zero.

Hope that helps,
David