[omniORB] omniORBpy 1.2 Initial config problem

Thu, 05 Oct 2000 10:04:06 +0100

On Wednesday 4 October, Tom Howsman wrote:

> I get a fatal error  (see below) just trying to import CORBA.

> Python 2.0b2 (#6, Sep 26 2000, 14:59:21) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
> Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
>
> abnormal program termination

The problem is that the omniORBpy binaries are compiled for use with
Python 1.5.2. The binaries are not compatible with later Python
versions. On all platforms other than Windows, you get an ImportError;
on Windows, you get a crash.

The solution is to recompile omniORBpy for Python 2.0. When 2.0 is
released, we shall provide binaries which work with that.