[omniORB] Doubt about muliple server processes with different PIDs

Ramchandra Phadake Ramchandra.Phadake@tecnomen.fi
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 19:25:45 +0300

Hi,
I am new to CORBA & OmniORB.

I have successfully tested the examples about the echo program on
different client/server machines(linux) .But while executing server process
, it creates multiple processes.

I mean if i run .../eg2_impl &  .Then it creates five processes of the same
name with different PIDs.
If i kill one it kills all .

Also after running the .../omniNames &  it creates five same processes of
the same name with different PIDs as said above.
And when i run the .../eg3_impl & it creates another two omniNames
processes.And also creates five eg3_impl processes.

I really tried hard ,but failed to find logic to this.

Can anybody tell me,why this is happening?
Have a done something wrong while installing OmniORB?

Please help me.

Regards,
Ramchandra