[omniORB] Omniorb tunnel

Lars Immisch lars@ibp.de
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 10:20:59 +0100

<nofill>> I don't know much about ssh, but what if you could trust the "sys-op" to
> manually establish all ssh connections and just let the orb go about its
> business as usual (no modification of the source)? Or do you need special a
> socket API for ssh? This is pretty much how I use for instance CVS with ssh,
> but then again, I don't know about the interia in CVS.
</nofill>

cvs uses ssh as a rsh replacement; i.e. it starts an ssh process, invokes
processes and reads the output back via a pipe. ssh is not invoked via an
API, it is s shell, and in the easiest setup, ssh will prompt you for the
password.

Maybe you are thinking about SSL?

- Lars