[omniORB] It does not catch the exception

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:08:03 -0500

"ERIKSSON,TOBIAS (A-Sweden,ex1)" wrote:

> Hi Stefan
>  Thanx, did this happen while you were running on Linux? I read through the
> man page for the gcc, and it said something about that incase it was a
> certain hardware (didn't say which) and the -O option (optimization) was
> used, then the -fomit-frame-pointer was also turned on. Do you know if this
> applies to Intel, Linux and gcc.

I assume you read the gcc man pages. They say "on some architectures...".
I'm running on 0x86, linux, gcc 2.95.2. Simply not using an explicit -fomit-frame-pointer
solved the problem, so I assume it is not included in any -O flag, as we still use them.
Btw., this bug is reported to the gcc team, but I don't know about the current status.
You may ask yourself.

Regards,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique