[omniORB] a little funny bug

Renzo Tomaselli renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 18:59:58 +0100

Hi,
    I'm trying to move a number of existing (and running) idl files from
ver. 2.8 to 3.0 and omniPython as well. Platform is WinNT with MSVC 6.0.
Now, it appears that when an idl file includes another one an this does the
same for a third one, compilation depends on separator usage in pathnames.
For instance:

// file a.idl
#include "d:\tmp\b.idl"

// file b.idl
#include "d:\tmp\c.idl"        // here we get "invalid argument" from
omniidl

but if b.idl is patched by:

#include "d:/tmp\c.idl"

omniidl compiles fine.
Trivial to patch once one finds it, but a little annoying when files are
generated automatically by tools like Rational Rose and a manual (sigh !)
postprocessing is needed.
Cheers,
                                             Renzo Tomaselli
TecnoTP s.n.c. Special Information System Design
Maso Pelauchi I38050 Ronchi Valsugana,  Trento TN  ITALY
Tel. +39 0461 773164      Fax. +39 0461 771514
e-mail: renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it