[omniORB] Moving to omniORB

Bhatia, Neeraj Neeraj.Bhatia@compaq.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:15:30 -0500

I've built on Alpha OSF with no problems. I had posted a note about a
omniORB usage of gethostbyname. Check
http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2000-05/0064.html for
details.

This bug has not been fixed yet in the omniORB code. Make sure to fix =
it
before using it.

Regards.

Neeraj

-----Original Message-----
From: Ra=FAl Fern=E1ndez G=F3mez [mailto:rgomez@dycsa.es]
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 2:25 PM
To: omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
Subject: [omniORB] Moving to omniORB

Hello,

I am planning to move to omniORB from MICO 2.3.1. Before that I would =
ask a
few questions. Thanks in advance
1. I am working with Linux Redhat, and Digital Unix 4.0.f, and i am =
planing
to use Solaris. I know that different omniORB versions are running on =
Linux
and Solaris, but, have somebody built omniORB on Digital Unix?
2. I am using MICO interceptors. I know that MICO 2.3.x interceptors =
are no
CORBA 2.3 compliant, so, if i want to use other ORB, i need to =
implement
them again. Is there any kind of interceptors in omniORB?, if not, can =
solve this with other mechanism?, where can i find omniORB =
documentation
about this themes?

Regards

   Ra=FAl Fern=E1ndez G=F3mez