[omniORB] A Problem with Omni-Orb on Linux Platform

Lars Mezler Lars.Mezler@iBrixx.de
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:31:31 -0000

We are running a system with heavy traffic on different platforms using Omni
ORB 2.8. Out of comatibility reasons with our older versions we cannot port
to 3.0. On Win NT and Solaris no Problems occure. The Linux has a big
problem with heavy loads: Calls to an objects Method seem to hang when lots
of callers try to access the method.

Second thing is, that debugging on Linux seems really impossible. Runnning
gdb produces a segmentation fault (only when processes using the ORB are
debugged). So I did a bit of tracing and found, that an Omni-internal mutex
seems to be locked.

Can anybody help?

/*--------------------------------------
 Lars Mezler