[omniORB] Procedure for submitting patches?

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
15 Nov 2000 15:41:54 +0000

Harri,

You can send it to me directly.

I've looked at the KAI C++ 4.0 documentation. One point that concerns me is
their limitation in exception handling. The KAI support has acknowledged
this but cannot give a time frame as to when the limitation can be lifted.
This is what I wrote:

> On the technical side, I read from your site that exception handling is
> thread safe but with one semantic restriction in that only one thread can
> be in the exception unwinding state. This is a problem for our code as we
> use constructor-destructor combinations extensively to manage
> resources. These contructors and destructors have to synchronise to
> the activites of other threads. I cannot be certain that a deadlock
> condition will not occur in our system because of this.

At the moment, I simply do not know whether a deadlock will occur or not.
If you are using KAI C++, please take this into consideration if you ever
see your application deadlock under heavy load.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com