[omniORB] Troubleshooting a server that is becoming inaccessible during the night.

Mike Bendickson Mike.Bendickson@spanlink.com
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:44:28 -0600

Ok, it happened again today.  I am not able to connect to that port using
telnet when this happens.  I was able to connect with telnet ealier and saw
a "GIOP" message before getting kicked off.

So, something has trashed the socket then, or the thread is not sitting on
accept?

Is there something else I should look for?  Has anyone else experienced this
with 2.8.0 on NT?

Thanks,
-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: sll@uk.research.att.com [mailto:sll@uk.research.att.com]On Behalf
Of Sai-Lai Lo
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 12:57 PM
To: Mike Bendickson
Subject: Re: [omniORB] Troubleshooting a server that is becoming
inaccessible during the night.

The trace looks normal. The message you pointed out just means that the
ORB is garbage collecting a client connection after it has been idle for
some time.

I suggest you try to determine whether you can connect at the tcp level to
your server. Try telnet to the port which the ORB is listening on.
To find out the port no., simply catior on one of the object reference the
server is giving out. The rendezvouser thread in the ORB should kick into
action and spawn a worker.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com