[omniORB] optional support for autoconf

Mon, 06 Nov 2000 11:42:08 +0000

On Saturday 4 November, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> I'd like to propose that omniidl generated sources support this
> feature, i.e. that it is possible to include a header file, which
> is provided by the user. I'v noticed that such a technique is already
> used internally by the COS skeleton files. Whenever people use omniORB
> in a project that is built by means of autoconf, that would greatly
> facilitate the work. All the system dependent flags (_x86_, etc.) could
> be kept there...

As you say, the COS IDLs already make use of this feature. Just put

  #pragma hh #ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
  #pragma hh #include <config.h>
  #pragma hh #endif

At the start of your IDL files. Any lines starting #pragma hh will be
copied into the .hh file. Note that this only works at the start of
the IDL file -- pragmas elsewhere will be ignored.