[omniORB] omniORB3 and Java

Raf.Vreys@mmr.be Raf.Vreys@mmr.be
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:25:57 +0100

Hi Chris,

Except for the bug in jdk 1.3, we didn't experience any problems running
java-clients with C++ Corba-servers.

We got the NO_IMPLEMENT exception too, after swiching from jdk 1.3.3, you're
probably using jdk 1.3.3 on a jdk 1.2.2 which has no "rmi over iiop"
implement.
You should recompile your idl and your java-client with jdk 1.2.2 and a
version of idlj for jdk 1.2.2.

But first you'll need to make sure you have RMI over IIOP alreay installed.
You can find RMI over IIOP at
http://java.sun.com/products/rmi-iiop/index.html .

Secondly you need a version of idlj which works with jdk 1.2.2 (optional?)
(http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/idlc/install.html)

Now you can use idlj to compile your idl. Rebuild you're java-client and run
it. It should work fine.

Notice that omiOrbs nameserver ("OmniNames") works much smoother then the
java "tnameserver"!

Don't forget to vote for bug 4351366 which gave you so much headache!

enjoy, raf.