[omniORB] optional support for autoconf

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Sun, 05 Nov 2000 13:48:33 -0500

Ruslan Shevchenko wrote:

> if you use autoconf for CORBA project, than you look
> at http://www.corbaconf.kiev.ua for autoconf macroses
> for omniORB.

yeah, thanks, we did; at least for inspiration. Unfortunately, we seem
to use new features (such as the forward declared interfaces without
defining them in the same file), which seems not to be supported by
*any* ORB beside omniORB. It's apparently part of CORBA 2.4, so there
is hope that some we can try other ORBs as well.
For now, we stay with omniORB and are pretty satisfied with it, so
we use only limitted configurability.

(There is no other reason for us not to use omniORB beside curiosity,
the possibility to benchmark in a real world environment (i.e. berlin
itself), and the fact that people might already have mico or orbit
installed)

Regards,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique