[omniORB] Re: incoming LOCATE_REQUEST, how to satisfy it

Fabien COUTANT Fabien.Coutant@steria.fr
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:01:38 +0100

Le 02 November 2000, vous (Duncan Grisby) avez écrit:
> >     inspoa.activate_object_with_id (
> > 	":\\10.2.1.30:MyClass:::IFR:MyClass\0", myObject)
> >     inspoa._get_the_POAManager ().activate ()
>
> Does Orbix always use the same key, though?  I think in some
> circumstances it will change things around a bit. That's why I said it
> was dangerous to try to second-guess what Orbix is up to.

I understand that yes.  It have now found in Orbix' documentation, how it
builds the object key from _bind arguments:

When one writes:
    MyClass::_bind ("[markerName]:serverName"[, "hostName"]) ;

Then the following object key is built:
    ":\\hostNameOrIP:serverName:[markerName]:[ifrHostNameOrIP]:IFR:MyClass\0"

.  the ending \0 seems a bug, I have already seen messages about it in
   the mailing list; It is visible only in non-Orbix environments
.  markerName and ifrHostNameOrIP are empty by default
.  hostNameOrIP is taken from configuration file/environment if not
   specified in _bind arguments.
.  Symbolic names or IP addresses are used depending on a boolean
   environment variable "IT_USE_HOST_IN_IOR".

As for danger, I don't say that what I did is CORBA compliant, I know
it's quite dirty.  But with this trick I manage to interoperate two
CORBA-based environments.  You know, sometimes you don't have to choice
and you must live with choices made by someone else, and you can't
change anything to it.

--
Hope this helps,
Fabien.