[omniORB] v3 idl problems

Matt Goodall mgg@isotek.co.uk
Wed, 24 May 2000 16:27:05 +0100

Hi,

I've just come back to a project and decided to update the tools before
I continue development but I've run into a problem with the idl
compiler.

I'm using the omni3_develop branch from CVS, updated today, on RedHat
Linux 6.2. I'm compiling things using "omniidl -bcxx file.idl".

I have a number of idl files which contains things like:

struct Message {
	long message_no;
	char message[81];
};

The idl compiler gives this error: Instance identifier `message' clashes
with name of enclosing scope `Message'.

Also I have defined a structure called "Switch" i.e.

struct Switch {
};

I get the following error from the idl compiler: Identifier `Switch'
clashes with keyword `switch'.

Is this a CORBA specification thing is the compiler wrong? I've tried
the ORBit idl compiler and it doesn't complain about anything although I
have no idea how compliant it is.

TIA

/Matt

--
Matt Goodall             |  Isotek Electronics Ltd
email: mgg@isotek.co.uk  |  Claro House, Servia Road