[omniORB] Sun 5.6 OmniORB_280 segmentation fault problem

Mitchell, Brian BMitchell@Broner.co.uk
Tue, 23 May 2000 13:54:37 +0100

Hi All,

	I have a simple single object server, with 1 method (returns an int)
I also have an extremely simple client that calls the server's one method.
All seems to work well until the client completes. It seems that the client
passes information to / from the server and then cleans itself up and
finishes.
The server then core dumps with a segmentation fault. (As below)
I also seem to get the same behaviour with the eg3 example from the
echo supplied examples.

I have applied the patch 107311-06 and compiled with the -g -O options set.

I'm running on Sun 5.6 with WorkShop Compilers 5.0 98/12/15 C++ 5.0

If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful

Cheers

Brian.

fServer : Starting
fServer : Ready
Client : Request number
fServer : Returning number
Client : finished
brianm@fpsu01:/client%
[1]  + 26887 segmentation fault (core dumped)  ./fServer