[omniORB] Need advise for sending binary data (omniORBpy)

Tue, 23 May 2000 10:33:35 +0100

On Friday 19 May, "Bernard Niset" wrote:

> I need to send binary data (image date) through the marshalling process of
> omniORB.
>
> Currently, I declared a type BinaryData as sequence<octet>. I read the file
> data in a python string and passed as the return value on in structs.
>
> It works fine but I wonder if it is the most efficient way to do it.

Yes, that is the most efficient way of doing it. The only problem
occurs if you have a very large amount of binary data. In that sort of
situation, it's best to use some sort of iterator to send the data in
smaller pieces.