[omniORB] Python/C++ bridge

Tue, 23 May 2000 10:14:03 +0100

On Thursday 11 May, "Renzo Tomaselli" wrote:

>     being not a Python expert, I'm trying to integrate some Python
> client-side code with an existing C++ architecture based on OmniORB 2.8.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I don't quite follow what you are trying
to do. It sounds like you are trying to run omniORB with C++ and
Python objects in the same process. That works fine, as long as you
can get object references from one language to the other. There is no
direct way to do that, but you can do it via object_to_string() in one
language followed by string_to_object() in the other.

Does that help answer your question?  If not, can you give some more
details of what you're trying to do?