[omniORB] Newbie Documentation question

Michi Henning michi@ooc.com.au
Tue, 23 May 2000 06:54:32 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Bruce Visscher wrote:

> Having just read the chapter on the POA, though, one thing that concerns me is
> that the POA seems to rely heavily on the assumption that there is an interface
> repository available.

What gives you that impression? The POA works just fine without an interface
repository. (I'm using it without one all the time.)

> If an application uses only omniORB (which doesn't have
> its own interface repository), what does the concept of persistence vs transient
> really mean?

Do you mean an *implementation* repository? If so, persistent references
are still possible, by specifying a fixed port number for the server
(with a proprietary option or config parameter) and relying on direct binding.

							Cheers,

								Michi.
--
Michi Henning               +61 7 3891 5744
Object Oriented Concepts    +61 4 1118 2700 (mobile)