[omniORB] Newbie Documentation question

Bruce Visscher visschb@rjrt.com
Mon, 22 May 2000 11:00:16 -0400

Barry,

Personally, I would recommend sticking with Henning & Vinoski regardless of
whether you go with 3.0.  It is a good book which actually makes some sense out
of the somewhat idiosynchratic (IMHO) C++ mapping.

Even if you decide to deploy on 2.8.0, a lot of Henning & Vinoski still applies.

Having just read the chapter on the POA, though, one thing that concerns me is
that the POA seems to rely heavily on the assumption that there is an interface
repository available.  If an application uses only omniORB (which doesn't have
its own interface repository), what does the concept of persistence vs transient
really mean?

Bruce Visscher

--
All generalities are false - including this one.

Bruce Visscher                                        visschb@rjrt.com