[omniORB] Timeouts in omniORB 2.8.0

Simon Rowe sjr@adaptivebroadband.com
Wed, 17 May 2000 15:04:52 +0100

We're are trying to make our system reliably detect failures (network outages
etc) and would appreciate some clarification of the remote call timeouts in
2.8.0.

One system periodically invokes a method on an object in the remote system. The
ORBclientCallTimeOutPeriod is set to five seconds. However, it can take 70
seconds for the calling system to timeout. Is the call timeout the maximum
period for connection setup AND call invocation or just the call? How can we
detect the remote system is unavailable in a shorter period?
--
Simon Rowe
Adaptive Broadband Limited