[omniORB] Caller/request info in method execution

Carlson, Andy andycarlson@att.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 08:26:56 -0700

Roumen,

The CORBA security standard doesnt specify how the client is identified but
it does provide mechanisms for transporting the identification securely and
allowing the server to check it. CORBA security implementations, on the
other hand probably DO specify how the client is identified and may not let
you add your own mechanisms. Its probably overkill for what you are asking
for anyway - you could just do as Duncan suggests and change your IDL to add
explicit parameters to carry the data.

Andy
Andy Carlson. AT&T Labs (UK)   	Tel: +44 1527 495258
E-Mail: andycarlson@ipo.att.com	Fax: +44 1527 495229