[omniORB] Old vs new iostreams

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
10 May 2000 11:11:03 +0100

> I'm looking into using omniORB for our new project. omniORB seems very solid
> and it has all the features we require alas there is one problem. All our
> code uses new iostreams whereas omniORB seems to rely on old iostreams
> (iostream.h, fstream.h) etc. While this doesn't seem to be a problem on
> unix, with Visual C++ you can't safely mix the old and new iostreams as far
> as I know. My question is are there plans to change omniORB over to using
> the new iostreams on NT?

Actually we deliberately avoided using iostream in the runtime because of
the VC++ iostream incompatibility problem. If you see iostream.h being
used, it is inside standalone executables which will not be linked with
other application code.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com