[omniORB] Omniorb 2.8 and Solaris 2.7

Terje Strand tst@ffi.no
Tue, 09 May 2000 11:33:32 +0200

Valentin Pierre wrote:
> The following platforms are supported directly by the omniORB team:
>       Solaris 2.{5,6}/ Sun SparcCompiler C++ version 4.2
>
> Has anyone experienced or reported any problems with Solaris 2.7 ?

We have used omniOrb 2.7.1 and 2.8.0 on Solaris 7 x86 and 8 x86 and on
Solaris 7 sparc using gcc 2.95.2 without much problems. The problems
that we have had are:

- The platform specific makefile for Solaris x86 had to be updated.
- We have not managed to make the omniorb semaphores work in our own
code under Solaris 7 Sparc.
- We do not use omniDynamic, so we do not know whether there are any
problems there.

Best regards,
	Terje Strand
	Norwegian Defence Research Establishment (FFI)