[omniORB] omniORBpy build (link) problem on Solaris

Tue, 02 May 2000 16:41:27 +0100

On Friday 28 April, "Chris Knight" wrote:

> I have a Solaris 2.6 box with gcc 2.95.2 (threaded) and Python 1.5.2 (also
> threaded) installed on it.  I grabbed the "latest" snapshot tarballs of
> omniORB3 and omniORBpy from the FTP server this morning and tried a build.
> omniORB3 built without a problem and I've configured the Python path into
> the config.mk.  When I try to build omniORBpy it gives me a whole ton of
> linker errors.  Below is a typescript:

> ../../../../lib/sun4_sosV_5.6/libtcpwrapGK.a(shell_cmd.o)
> ___errno                            0x7c

The problem was that the make rules to make the libtcpwrapGK.so shared
library with gcc on Solaris were missing. This meant that the
omniORBpy link tried to use the static library version, which doesn't
contain position independent code. I've added the make rules to CVS.
They'll appear in tonight's FTP snapshots.

Thanks for the bug report,