[omniORB] Network Address Translation (NAT)

Oliver Herrmann oh@rtsffm.com
Tue, 02 May 2000 17:12:22 +0200

Hello,

I have a omniORB (2.8) client that has to communicate with a VisiBroker
(3.3) server. Beetween the client and the server is a router which does
a network address translation.

If the server receives an objetc reference from the client it is not
able to use it, because the object reference includes the ip address of
the client machine and the server does not know anything about that ip
address.

VisiBroker provides two (undocumented!!!!) command line options to solve
such a problem:

-OAproxyIPAddr <host>
-OAproxyPort <port#>

With these options the object references will be created with the given
values.

Is there anything similar for omniORB ?

If not, it seems to me that it should not be a big problem to introduce
some similar options for omniORB, or are there any reasons for not doing
it?

Regards

  Oliver