[omniORB] for/execvp from within an ORB client

Christof Meerwald cmeerw@web.de
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:45:06 +0200

Hi Stefan,

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 11:21:08 -0500, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>Is there anything known about conflics between omniORB and
>running fork/execvp in a client ?

[for those not also reading the berlin-design mailing list]: just make sure
you explicitly link your program with libpthread if using Linux, otherwise
some weak-symbols magic of libc/libpthread seems to not work as expected...

>doing this ? How can I debug this further ? (sadly, even a
>newer version of gdb core dumps with my demo - ah, the ongoing
>gdb/thread blues)

BTW, my gdb (4.18.19990928 from Debian potato) worked (at least it didn't
crash), but it wasn't really useful either...

bye, Christof

--
http://cmeerw.cjb.net                     AIM, Yahoo! Messenger: cmeerw
mailto cmeerw at web.de

Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep until noon!