[omniORB] omniORB2 memory usage.

Mike Bendickson bendi003@tc.umn.edu
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:15:58 -0600

I have an interface with one message that send a large amount of data
allocated on the server side back to the client.  Looking a the memory usage
of our server, it seems that the server is not freeing the memory until the
client disconnects or a different request is made.

If this is the case, then is there a way to force the server to free the
memory sooner?  Immediately after the client has acknowledged that it has
been received perhaps?  This isn't a huge problem for us... I'm mostly
curious as to why it's remaining allocated.

I'm using omniORB 2.8.0 on NT 4.0.

Thanks,
-Mike