[omniORB] omniidl c++ mapping

Eric Dumas edumas@tumbleweed.com
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:15:25 -0800

According to David Riddoch:
> Does anyone know whether this is needed for other versions of gcc on
> Solaris?
>
> Or is it needed for gcc on other platforms?

	If I remember, you begin to need this type of option (aka,
specify a return at the end of a function which returns a value)
starting with egcs 1.1.2. Even if this is not requiered, gcc/egcs will
give you warnings or errors whatever architecture you are running on
it (warning: control reaches end of non-void function foo()).

It would be good to enable NEED_DUMMY_RETURN if gcc/egcs is used.

PS: Valid on Solaris, Linux, HP-UX, and probably Irix.
--
                        Éric Dumas (Eric.Dumas@tumbleweed.com)
   Tumbleweed Communications, 700 Saginaw Drive, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA