[omniORB] omniidl assert error about comments after upgrade from 2.8 to 3

Lars Immisch lars@ibp.de
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 19:06:26 +0100

Stefan Seefeld:
> Duncan Grisby wrote:
>
> > It won't be especially easy to support comments before a declaration.
> > The way it currently works it to attach comments to the most recently
> > encountered declaration. (There are currently a few surprises with
> > this, due to the way the parser works, but I'll fix them some time
> > soon.) To attach comments to declarations appearing after the comment,
> > the comments would have to be stored somewhere, then grabbed as a new
> > declaration was encountered. Not particularly hard, but code would
> > have to be added to quite a lot of places. I might do it, but don't
> > expect it any time soon.

This is the way idldoc does it. It stores the comment in some global location,
and when the AST subclass is generated, it 'snarfs' the comment.

When reading sourcecode, I prefer to have the comments in javadoc fashion.

Sorry if this is just plain noise.

Lars Immisch
--
lars@ibp.de