[omniORB] OmniORB3 crash in string_to_object() on bad IOR

Richard Gruet rgruet@ina.fr
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:33:56 +0100

--------------68960B3B36976B21161FDC04

Hello,

On my NT 4.0 SP3, the following snippet which attempts to call
string_to_object with a bad -non empty- IOR crashes (Application Error -
Access violation in Python.exe):

import sys
from omniORB import CORBA
orb = CORBA.ORB_init(sys.argv, CORBA.ORB_ID)
print 'ORB init ok.'
obj = orb.string_to_object('A bad IOR') #<<< crash here
print 'bye'

I also got Application errors in other conditions that seem to be
related to reference counting / termination objects of objRefs (timing
seems also involved). While trying to isolate the problem in my code, I
got the above error, not necessarily related to the one I was looking
for!

Could you try the code and tell me what you get, so I can figure if
it's  in my configuration or a bug in omniORB?

Thanks,
Richard Gruet

PS:  My configuration:
    NT 4.0 SP3
    OmniORB3 compiled from omniORB3-20000316_tar.gz and
omniORBpy-20000316_tar.gz,
    Python 1.5.2

--------------68960B3B36976B21161FDC04

Hello,
with a bad -non empty- IOR <b>crashes</b> (Application Error - Access violation
in Python.exe):
to reference counting / termination objects of objRefs (timing seems also
involved). While trying to isolate the problem in my code, I got the above
error, not necessarily related to the one I was looking for!
it's&nbsp; in my configuration or a bug in omniORB?