[omniORB] omninames problem

spif@smurf.shemp.org spif@smurf.shemp.org
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 20:30:46 -0800 (PST)

I have recently (past few days) done exactly what you are describing.  Did
you set up your registry with either the Nameservice string or the
alternative method that is described in the documentation?  If the former,
make sure that on your client machine that you have the IOR:blah blah that
you get when you start the Nameservice (on the server)..  If you decide to
use the alternative method (make sure you have the environment variables
set to the proper values) - which i would prefer since it is more
intuitive.  My guess at this times is that you dont want to be using the
IP addresses for doing this (i didnt try that so i couldnt say if that is
wrong or not)..

bruce anderson