[omniORB] Compilation

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@mediaone.net
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 18:13:21 -0500

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 08:48:01AM -0500, Belcher, Jim wrote:
> Do the omniORB distributions work right out of the box?
>
> I think I am having library problems in that case.  It
> seems that when I build the new GNU compiler that it
> built some new libraries in /usr/local/lib, but gave no
> instructions that they were to be moved.  The compilers
> seem to default to /usr/lib when linking.  Guess I'll
> contact GNU.

Building gcc by hand can be a pain, because paths to
different parts of gcc are hardcoded in the executable.
Read http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html very carefully.
Some flags to pay attention to when type configure are:
--prefix
--with-local-prefix
--with-gxx-include-dir
--enable-threads

Basically, read the instructions very, very carefully...then, read them
again. :)
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr