[omniORB] python and idl files

Vincent Joseph vincent.joseph@usa.net
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 07:45:02 -0500

Hi,

We use omniORB for all of our C++ stuff, and as
the nameserver. I have also started looking at the
python bindings.

I recently read about Orbit (gnome orb), and one
of its python bindings, ORBIT-python. I have not
used the binding, and have no plans to - so I
cant comment on it. However....
One of the really neat abilities of ORBIT-python
was its ability to dynamically load an idl file at
run time (in the client) !! I thought that this was
a really cool feature. What, if any, are the
disadvantages of this approach.

The site had some sample code; can be found at
http://projects.sault.org/orbit-python/

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Water vapor gets together in a cloud. When it
is big enough to be called a drop, it does.