[omniORB] remote object references

Ji-Yong D. Chung virtualcyber@erols.com
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 18:26:32 -0500

    This question maybe too elementary -- hope you guys don't mind.

    Say that I have 2 networked computers, each runing omniORB.

    If I create a CORBA object on the first machine, and if I want to pass
that object's remote reference to the second, can I make the first machine
obtain it, and pass it to the second host?  In other words, if I create a
local corba object and obtain its CORBA object reference (created on the
localhost), can I send it off to other hosts as valid object reference?  Or
is the obtained reference only good on the original host?.

    I would appreciate any comments/help.

P.S.    The context of the preceding problem occurs in creating a
distributed "object" which contains corba references to other distributed
corba objects.  The original corba host (root) that initiates the creation
of this distributed object must (1) create its local corba objects and (2)
pass to other hosts the references of the objects it has created.  Simply
put, I am trying to create a large, distributed corba object.