[omniORB] omniORB 2.8.0 versus Orbix 3.0.1

Terje Strand tst@ffi.no
Thu, 02 Mar 2000 13:48:11 +0100

Brecht Vermeulen wrote:
> I've tested the eg2 example (after some adaptation) between the
> Sun/Solaris2.6/Orbix3.0.1 and the Linux/Debian2.1/omniORB2.8.0 platforms.
> But when trying the eg3 example with the server on omniORB and the client
> on Orbix3 (with omniORB Naming Server) the client does the call, returns,
> works perfect, but when exiting gives a Bus Error (core dumped). Here,
> only two connections are made, a first one straight to the Naming Server
> (via the Common.Service IOR config in Orbix) and a second straight to the
> serving object.

We have had a similar problem running omniOrb 2.8.0 on Solaris 7 x86.
The Bus Error always occurs at the very end of the program and was fixed
by simply adding:

	boa->destory();
	orb->NP_destory();

which are documented in
http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/omniORB_280/ReleaseNote_omniORB_280.html
(but here it states this is mainly for win9x??)

Hope this helps,

	Terje Strand (tst@ffi.no)
	Norwegian Defence Research Establishment (FFI)