[omniORB] omniORB 3 pre-release 3 is now available

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
29 Jun 2000 10:11:24 +0100

>         I'd like to know about GIOP 1.2 and SSL, since I couldn't find any
> trace in release notes. From one of your past messages I remember as those
> features should be merged into 3.0 sometime in the future, being developed
> on a separated branch. They are strictly related to security issues, which
> many OmniORB users on this list seem interested in.

Renzo,

GIOP 1.2 and support for SSL (and fast local transport) are being developed
under the 2.9 branch. As I mentioned earlier on the list, there will be no
2.9 release but the changes will be merged to 3.0 branch.

The plan is to proceed with the merging after 3.0 release. It will be under
the 3.1 branch. I'll announce its availability for users who like to
experiment with the new code when the branch is created. Hopefully I'll
finish the initial merge in a few weeks time but please don't complain if I
can't make it :-) In keeping with the release frequency of omniORB, I think
we'll have the full 3.1 release in 6-9 months.

In the meantime, it looks like AMI is a relatively small addition to
3.0. It is work in progress and may be we'll be able to produce a 3.0.1
with AMI soon. In any case, please track our cvs repository for the latest
updates.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com